We at Ree-Pay care about your privacy. Therefore, we always collect and process your personal data responsibly and with your privacy in mind.
This Privacy Notice describes how ReePay Vietnam Limited Liability Company, company registration No. 0316612464, collects and uses your personal data when you use any of Ree-Pay’s services (the “Services”) and become a customer of ours. Examples of the use of our Services are when you pay with any of our payment methods, when you contact us, when you use the Ree-Pay website or Customer Portal, or when your information is auto-filled in a store’s checkout. This Privacy Notice also describes your rights in relation to our use of your personal data and how to exercise those rights.
“We”, “our” or “us” means ReePay Vietnam Limited Liability Company, registered with the Vietnamese companies register under the registration number 0316612464 and with our main office located at 32 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, 19 Ward, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City. For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of the personal data we receive from you or otherwise collect about you. We, are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with applicable Vietnamese data protection laws.
You may give us information about yourself when you use one of Ree-Pay’s Services, for example, when you choose to pay with one of Ree-Pay’s payment methods, contact us, or use the Customer portal. Please note that you are only allowed to provide your own personal data when using the Services for the Services to be delivered correctly.
Also, depending on which Services you choose to use, we may collect the following information about you, either ourselves or via third parties (for example, credit and fraud prevention agencies, stores, or public databases)
This information may include but not limited to:
• Contact- and identification information – name, your photo, date of birth, ID number, ID photo, title, occupation, gender, billing and shipping address, email address, mobile phone number, nationality, etc.
• Information on goods/services – details about the goods/services you purchase or order
• Financial information – financial information collected from third parties such as your income, potential credit commitments, negative payment remarks, previous payment- and credit acceptance.
• Information about the interaction between you and Customer – how you use the Services, including information on outstanding and historical debts and your repayment history with Ree-Pay; technical data such as page response times, download errors, personal preferences; your interactions with the Ree-Pay customer service, etc.
• Device information – e.g. IP address, language settings, browser settings, time zone settings, operating system and platform, and screen resolution.
• Service-specific information – to provide you with some of our Services, we may collect and process additional personal data not covered by the above categories.
You can at any time change your profile information, such as your contact information and other editable settings. You can do this either in the Ree-Pay customer portal or by contacting us.
Depending on which Services you use, Ree-Pay may process your personal data for the purposes listed below:
• Carry out risk analysis, fraud prevention, and risk management (for example, through verifying your identity and carry out checks with fraud prevention agencies and similar agencies)
• Carry out credit assessment before granting the service
• Comply with applicable laws, such as anti-money laundering and bookkeeping laws and regulatory capital adequacy requirements.
• Administer the customer relationship with you in different ways, for example, to process your payment or carry out our obligations arising from credit contracts entered into between you and us.
• Create and send information to you in electronic format (non-marketing).
• Carry out credit- and fraud assessments for the purpose of assessing which payment methods to offer you, based on information available internally within Ree-Pay.
• Conduct customer satisfaction surveys regarding our Services (for example after you have contacted Ree-Pay’s customer service) via email, SMS, phone, or through other means. You can object to this at any time. You will also be informed about your right to opt-out from these communications every time your email or phone number is used for this purpose.
• Improve our Services, training, and quality assurance, as well as document what has been discussed and decided between you and Ree-Pay customer service.
• Protect Ree-Pay from legal claims, and enforce Ree-Pay legal rights.
• Assess which is the most suitable way to contact you to inform you about outstanding debts.
• To be able to treat you as a vulnerable customer (if you due to personal circumstances are in a vulnerable position).
• Perform debt collection services, i.e. to collect and sell debt.
• To provide marketing and offers regarding our Services to you. You may always opt out by contacting us.
• To decide which marketing to provide you. This processing also ceases when you opt-out from receiving marketing.
We may share your personal data with the categories of recipients listed below, for the purposes listed below. Exactly which recipients we share your personal data with, and for which purposes, will depend on which Service you use.
When we share your personal data, we take all reasonable contractual, legal, technical, and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is treated with an adequate level of protection and in accordance with applicable law.
Ree-Pay may share personal data with the suppliers and subcontractors we use in order to provide our Services to you. Suppliers and subcontractors are companies who are only entitled to process the personal data they receive from Ree-Pay on Ree-Pay’s behalf. Examples of such suppliers and subcontractors are software- and data storage providers, payment processing services, and business consultants.
Ree-Pay shares personal data with the stores you visit or purchase from. This is done in order to allow the store to execute and administer your purchase, and administer your relationship with the store, for example by verifying your identity, send you the goods, manage questions and disputes, send relevant marketing, and prevent fraud. The personal data shared with a store will be subject to the store’s privacy notices and practices.
PSPs provide stores and Ree-Pay with services for accepting electronic payments through a variety of payment methods including credit card, and bank-based payments such as direct debit, bank transfers, etc. Some stores use PSPs with which they share your information. This sharing is done in accordance with the stores’ own privacy notices. Some PSPs also collect and use your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices. This is for example the case if you use a digital wallet.
If you apply to use a Ree-Pay Service, your personal data may be shared with credit reference agencies (“CRAs”), for the following purposes: To assess your credit score in connection with your application for one of Ree-Pay’s payment methods, to confirm your identity and your contact information, and to protect you and other customers from fraud.
Your personal data may be shared with fraud prevention agencies and companies that supply identity lookups in order to verify your identity, the accuracy of the data you have provided us with, and prevent criminal activities.
If you contact us through social media such as Facebook or Twitter, your data will be recorded and processed by those companies, in accordance with their privacy notices.
Ree-Pay will share your data with a person holding a power of attorney from you, allowing the person holding the power of attorney to receive such data. This sharing will be done based on your consent.
Ree-Pay may disclose necessary information to authorities such as the police, tax agencies or other authorities if we are required to do so by law, or under some circumstances if you have requested us to do so.
Ree-Pay may share your information when selling or assigns to collect, unpaid debts to third parties, e.g. to debt collection agencies. This sharing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest in collecting and selling debts. The debt collection agencies may process your personal data in line with their own privacy notices, or on Ree-Pay’s behalf.
This Service involves us giving you shopping allowances to Buy Now, Pay Later. To provide this Service, we do a credit assessment of you. The credit assessment is based on contact- and identification information you have provided, information about the interaction between you and Ree-Pay, and financial information. The financial information includes externally obtained information from credit reference agencies, such as income and payment remarks.
• Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about how we process your information. We do this through this Privacy Notice, other information on our website, and by answering questions sent to us.
• Right to access your data. You may request a copy of your data if you would like to know what personal data we process about you. This copy of your personal data can also be supplied in a machine-readable format.
• Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
• Right to erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data, for example when it is no longer necessary for us to process the data for the purpose it was collected, or when you have withdrawn your consent.
• Right to restrict processing of your data. If you believe your information is incorrect or you believe we use your data unlawfully, you have the right to ask us to stop the processing.
• Personalized marketing. We will always respect your choices.
We constantly work to improve our Service offerings, in order for you to get an even smoother user experience. This includes both changes in existing Services and new Services over time. It’s therefore important that you read this Privacy Notice each time you use a Ree-Pay Service since the processing of your personal data can differ since you last used one of our Services.